Still hanging out in NYC for a little bit longer. We’re having a blast exploring all the places we’ve seen in TV and movies. It is surreal to be here, and totally different from what I imagined it’d be like. More on that later.
For now, here are the important things you need to know:
- Within 30 minutes of getting into Manhattan, we saw our first real, huge NYC rat.
- Emotionally, I didn’t feel a thing at Ground Zero (weird, right?).
- So far I’ve eaten Mexican, Italian, and more Italian.
- I’m pretty positive English is the least used language on this island.
- Not sure where the rude reputation came from, everyone has been bending-over-backwards nice to us.
- For a country girl with limited public transportation experience, I am a subway navigating superstar.
More when I’m back on Hoosier soil.