Posts made in October 5th, 2011
You may have noticed that beginning on October 1st, it seems like the whole world turns pink. October is breast cancer awareness month and it seems like every company is offering some kind of way to do your part. This cause is very close to my heart, my Mama is a breast cancer survivor and my best friend from high school and college was diagnosed at the age of 23.
Here are some of my favorite items out there that help raise money for breast cancer research. Tip: October is a great month to buy Christmas gifts. Get your shopping done early and give a little cash to a good cause. And if you aren’t looking to buy some pink goods, try just donating a couple of bucks to the Susan G. Komen foundation or heading over to the Breast Cancer Site and click to donate mammograms. Anything and everything helps!
- Conair Power of Pink Hair Dryer—The desperation with which I need a new hair dryer is absurd. I’ve had the same hair dryer since high school. About five years ago, I accidentally set my straightener on it and all the buttons melted together. So to turn it on and off, I have to press the “reset” button on the plug. It’s seriously sad.
- Komen Cadet Hat—The best part of this hat is the pink plaid lining. So fun!
- Pink Ribbon Paisley Hoodie—I love paisley.
- Swiss Army Komen SwissCard—I’ve always wanted one of these. Although I have no doubt that the first time I have to go through airport security, I’ll completely forget it’s in my purse.
- Riedel Crescendo Pink Wine Glasses—I absolutely love these glasses. Riedel makes some amazing wine glasses. They are pricey, but absolutely beautiful. And these help a good cause.
- Colts Sideline Breast Cancer Awareness Hat—I love during the month of October when all the NFL teams wear pink accessories. For some teams, the pink doesn’t mesh so well with their team colors, but with the bold blue of the Colts, the pink looks awesome! I love this hat. Just a touch of pink.
- Lacoste Breast Cancer Research Stripe Polo—I can’t even fathom spending $85 on a polo shirt (!) but it helps dull the pain a little bit knowing that 10% of that goes to breast cancer research.
- New Balance 993s—You can customize these shoes with a personalized message in honor or celebration of someone. I love fun sneakers and a good pink pair would be a nice addition to my collection.
- Avon Pink Power Nailwear Enamel— 100% of the net profit from this nail polish goes to breast cancer research. Every woman should have a nice neutral pink in her manicure arsenal.
- Glo Professional Gloss in Pink Blossom—The reviews for this lip gloss are stellar and I’m always on the lookout for a good lip gloss.
- New Balance LaceUp Sunglasses—I have to wear sunglasses while running because of the wind affecting my allergies, but wearing my “street” sunglasses looks a little silly with all my other running gear. I’d love to get some more sporty wrap-around sunglasses.
- New Balance NP Racerback Top—I love the look of this top and the price is right at under $20.
- Boob Lube—This would be such a great gift for all of your girlfriends. A gentle reminder that it is really, really important to do a monthly self-exam.
- Save the Tatas V-Neck Tee—I love the Save the Tatas campaign. I think it is smart and taps into an audience that “normal” breast cancer awareness marketing doesn’t reach.