sweats of the week
Thank you all so much for all of your congratulations on my All About the Numbers challenge recap. It means a lot to me that you are all out there keeping me accountable. For the first time in years (maybe even in a lifetime) I feel like I’m on very solid fitness ground going into the Christmas season. Fitness is an integral part of my plan for the season, and I’m determined for it to not fall away when my schedule gets packed.
This week’s fitness victories and thoughts:
- I have a line where my abs are. As in, you can actually see them peeking out under my layer of fluff. It never even occurred to me that defined abs would be in the realm of possibility for a 200+ pound woman. But the line is there. I showed Babyface yesterday and he said, “Wow. I don’t even have that line.” I am ridiculously excited about this surprise discovery. Planks work, kids.
- We had a really active and fun Thanksgiving day. There were planks, Superman pushups, chair sits and a rousing game of baseball. Long gone are the days where we are just gluttonous and lazy. Now we are gluttonous and active! It is so nice to have a family that is up for activity.
- I ran sprints on the treadmill this Saturday for no other reason than I wanted to run fast and get sweaty. It’s the first time I’ve craved running in a very long time. I’ve been thinking about “breaking up” with running for months now, but I’m starting to feel like it isn’t running that’s the problem, it’s my mindset around it. I don’t need to run marathons to be a runner. And I don’t need to be a runner to run. I need to stop putting myself into fitness boxes. If I want to run, I’ll run. If I don’t want to, I won’t. Ain’t no thang.
- I did two sets of 10 perfect modified pushups on Saturday. I am so close to a regular pushup I can taste it. The day that happens will be one of much pomp and circumstance.
- Getting stronger is so much more fun than losing weight. Not that they are mutually exclusive, but I’m having so much more fun watching my lifts get heavier than I did watching the scale go lower.
This week’s workouts:
- 11.5 miles biking
- 3 miles walking
- 4 miles walking
- 4.5 miles walking
- 11 miles biking
- Family baseball and other activities
- PPC (Planks, Pushup, and Chairsits)
- Kettlebells (20 min)
- HIIT on Elliptical (20 min)
- Sprints on Treadmill (20 min)
- 2 miles walking
What was your best workout of the week?
Considering how sore I am today, yesterday’s gym session definitely takes the cake.