Posts made in January 3rd, 2012
Not to be dramatic or anything, but I think I’m going to die, guys.
Actually, I know I’m going to die. And not from old age in a rocking chair next to Babyface on a beautiful veranda. Soon. From this cold. There is no way a body can produce this much snot and make it out the other side. It’s over for me. I’m headed for the big NyQuil bottle in the sky.
But before I pass through the piles of snotty Kleenex to the light at the end of the tunnel, I have to share this recipe with you.
I was able to pull this one together right before I started feeling really terrible. It came together quickly and was gooey, melty, comforting and everything I wanted to help make me feel better. Babyface took one bite of this and proclaimed it was the best breakfast I’ve ever made. The sharp cheddar was such an amazing pairing with the sweetness of the pear.
I can’t wait to try breakfast quesadillas with other fillings. I’d imagine raisins, cheddar and apples would be amazing.
Pear and Cheddar Breakfast Quesadillas
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large whole grain tortillas
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium pear, cored and sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and cream cheese. Spread the mixture evenly on one side of all the tortillas.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, place one of the tortillas, cream cheese side-up. Layer 1/4 of the cheese over the cream cheese. Top with half of the pears and half of the dried cherries or cranberries. Top with another 1/4 of the cheddar cheese. Top with another tortilla, cream cheese side-down. Press down with spatula to seal.
- Once cheese is melted and tortilla is brown, carefully flip. When other tortilla is browned, remove from pan and slice into quarters. Repeat for second quesadilla.