1. When I feel overwhelmed, I like to schedule my day out to the minute. Organizing the things I can control (my schedule) helps me handle the stress of things I can’t (work, getting sick, etc.).
2. When the doctor says something like, “I’m surprised…” or “I expected…” I feel like I didn’t study hard enough for the quiz and now I’m going to get a bad grade. I went to the doctor on Friday and he asked if my throat hurt. I told him it didn’t and then, after looking at it, he said, “I’m surprised it doesn’t hurt, it looks terrible.” F-. My throat is supposed to hurt! Duh! I knew that one. How could I be so stupid? Oh wait…
3. I didn’t realize Mucinex DM caused so much drowsiness. I took two before work yesterday. I was a zombie space cadet all day. On the bright side, my Monday went by in a floaty, cozy, fluffy haze.
4. Almost daily, I find myself daydreaming about our upcoming anniversary trip to the beach. It can’t be healthy to live for my next vacation instead of in the present, but damn, that ocean looks welcoming. Also, this picture is definitely my desktop wallpaper at work. Someone bring me a pina colada, stat!
5. Babyface and I have (literally) watched 100 episodes of How I Met Your Mother over the past few weeks. We are officially obsessed. No spoilers! We’re only halfway through season five.