1. I wear these when I chop onions. They look absurdly ridiculous, but they work, kids. They totally work. I’ve been tear free since
’93 I got them for Christmas.
2. My dog has a dog bed. No, literally. My dog has a bed that’s a dog. It’s obnoxiously adorable. Although sometimes I think the dog-bed-dog looks like he’s pissed at me.
3. I actually miss training for long-distance running races. Not because I want to run, exactly, but because I want some sort of big end goal to motivate me. Other possible big once-in-a-lifetime fitness-y goals are in the works. This is one of them. And this is another. File both under #6.
4. Babyface and I have our own language. If you were a fly on the wall of our house, you’d probably think we were either (a) having simultaneous strokes or (b) not fluent in English. The best part? Puppyface knows our language, too. I can’t wait until we get farther in dog training and we have to tell our trainer that to Puppyface, wakka-wakka means “go for a walk”. Please tell me we aren’t the only couple that does this…
5. I spent 99% of my time this weekend in my jammies and on the couch. It was amazing. And thanks to the invention of laptops, I still managed to get a lot of work done. Win. Win.