1. I eat pears with knives. I think they are too messy to eat “apple” style.
2. I’ve been tracking my food again for an assignment in my nutrition class, and it’s forcing me to realize that my intuitive eating might not be as sharp as I thought it was. Since I’ve stopped tracking food over the past year, portion sizes have gradually increased and so have the number of treats. I might just keep tracking for a few weeks to refresh my memory of what is a correct portion size. Sigh. Does the battle to find balance ever end?
3. I’m thinking about going for my first ever spray tan before we go on our beach vacation next month. I’m not even all that concerned about being “tan” I mostly just want to match. For years I didn’t wear shorts or skirts because I wasn’t happy with my body. Last year, I started to wear them, but my legs are still about 10 years behind the rest of my body when it comes to color. Top half of my body=dark complected. Bottom half=pasty white. I look like two halves from two different bodies. I’m scared. Tanning places are scary. And I don’t want to turn out orange.
4. I forget my age. All the damn time. I know I’m not 30 yet, and I know I passed 25 a while back, but other than that, I’m usually totally lost. Why is 28 so hard to remember? TWENTY EIGHT.
5. My purse pretty much always looks like some sort of bomb went off inside of it. And I certainly can never find anything in it. I managed to even “lose” an apple in it. By the time I found it a few weeks later, it looked like this. Gross. I really need to stop carrying huge, pocket-less purses.