1. I stepped on the scale last week. I had a panic moment where I couldn’t button my jeans comfortably and decided I needed to know. Turns out, I had only gained about three pounds from the last time I stepped on a scale back in October. I must have just had a lot of sodium the day before or something. It did give me the warm and fuzzies to know that I can maintain my weight without that pesky scale.

2. Even though I know not to, I sometimes read comments on news stories. And the comments on the news stories about the tornado in my home town on CNN sent me into a crying fit this weekend. People can be so cruel. Please remember, there are real people with real emotions behind every story, every blog post, and every Twitter account.

3. I thought the training for my Avon Walk would be easy. I mean, after all, it is just walking. But let me tell you, after an eight mile walk this past weekend, I can safely say that it is not “just” walking. I can’t believe I’m going to do almost five times that much in one weekend. It’s the endurance part that really gets to you. It just such a long time on your feet, moving. My knees hurt. My hips hurt. Phew.

4. I simultaneously feel like I am thriving and floundering. I’ve heard this is pretty normal for your late-twenties. Can anyone confirm or deny?

5. I made two different recipes this week with beer in them. I’m not sure what this says about me. This new development could be related to my feelings about #4.

Want more confessions? You can view all of my confessions posts here.

Do you have any confessions to share?

Floundering? Yes. YES YES! I’m not sure if it’s related to the amount of work I have on my plate (hello 14 hour days!) or just the stage of life I’m in. And I do find beer helps. :)

Okay, that (and the beer) makes me feel better. :) I mean, not that I want you to be floundering, but knowing I’m not alone is nice.

“I simultaneously feel like I am thriving and floundering. I’ve heard this is pretty normal for your late-twenties. Can anyone confirm or deny?” –> CONFIRM!!

I’ve learned not to read the comments on News stories, but sometimes can’t help it. People can be really cruel. I’m so sorry that that happened to your hometown.

I don’t own a scale anymore, but have stepped on one three times in the past year. I’ve found that my waist can fit nicely into a pair of jeans in the morning, then trying to burst out of them by the evening. It happens to all of us and it’s rarely to do with weight. Usually just food digesting 😉

If you want something else to make with beer…I posted a link to a beer bread recipe on my site in my most recent post!

I know it’s hard, but it’s best to ignore the comments. Very few people posting their opinions on news stories have lived through or seen the tragedies and don’t know what they’re talking about. You’ve experienced them first-hand.
    As an aside, I’m loving your pretty blue shoes, but I’m loving your pretty blue toenails even more! I don’t even want to think about my ugly runner’s feet…

It’s not your late 20’s, it’s just life. As you move into your 30’s you (well at I) got a lot more comfortable with never being finished or perfect. You just learn to enjoy the good stuff and accept the rest. Beer does help..

Hmm… I just hit 26 in December, and I have recently been wondering if I’ve been making right choices or sending my life in the totally wrong direction. Also feeling incredibly grateful for all of the wonderful things in my life. Also feeling like I’m old enough that I should be a “real” grown-up with answers, instead of the confused person that I am… So I guess I would have to say yes! Although I had never heard that before :)

7. Ashley B. says

Confession: Whenever I type in your url, my brain sings it to the tune of “here come the men in black,” aka “send me forget me nots.”

I honestly believe that walking long distances would be harder than running.
    I think if I knew I had to walk 8 miles I would get bored and just break into a run to get it over with.