1. I stepped on the scale last week. I had a panic moment where I couldn’t button my jeans comfortably and decided I needed to know. Turns out, I had only gained about three pounds from the last time I stepped on a scale back in October. I must have just had a lot of sodium the day before or something. It did give me the warm and fuzzies to know that I can maintain my weight without that pesky scale.
2. Even though I know not to, I sometimes read comments on news stories. And the comments on the news stories about the tornado in my home town on CNN sent me into a crying fit this weekend. People can be so cruel. Please remember, there are real people with real emotions behind every story, every blog post, and every Twitter account.
3. I thought the training for my Avon Walk would be easy. I mean, after all, it is just walking. But let me tell you, after an eight mile walk this past weekend, I can safely say that it is not “just” walking. I can’t believe I’m going to do almost five times that much in one weekend. It’s the endurance part that really gets to you. It just such a long time on your feet, moving. My knees hurt. My hips hurt. Phew.
4. I simultaneously feel like I am thriving and floundering. I’ve heard this is pretty normal for your late-twenties. Can anyone confirm or deny?
5. I made two different recipes this week with beer in them. I’m not sure what this says about me. This new development could be related to my feelings about #4.