1. Every time I see someone running out on the trail, I think, “Wow, they look absolutely miserable.” I used to think, “Wow, that looks fun!” I think my running days may be over.
2. Even though I only see them once a year or so and we aren’t all that close, I love my grandmothers-in-law. They are exactly what grandmothers should be like. Warm, concerned, loving, cookie-baking. My relationship with my grandmother was not the greatest, so I greatly appreciate the grandmotherly love that I get from them. Especially considering I’m just some random American girl who stole away their grandson.
3. I used to love McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish sandwich. It was my second favorite thing to get from any fast food restaurant (only behind chicken supreme chalupas from Taco Bell). I haven’t had one in probably five years, and really have no desire to eat one ever again. Not the same story for chalupas. I could totally go for a chalupa and a Mountain Dew right now.
4. I cried a lot this past weekend, because I found out my sister is moving away. The crying was just me being selfish and sensitive. I know the move is right for their family and you can’t fault them for that. I’ll just miss them, a lot. See? Selfish. So often the right decision isn’t the easy one. I’m trying to see the bright side of it, like a free place to stay on the West Coast whenever we want. 🙂
5. I have the world’s largest head. Seriously. 99 times out of 100, when I try on a hat from a store, it won’t fit on my giant noggin. I like to pretend it’s because I have thick hair, but deep down, I know it’s just because my cranium is supersized. It’s sad because I love wearing hats.