1. My laziness is so pervasive that I rarely heat up my lunch at work because it requires a 30 second walk to the microwave and I just cannot be bothered to do that. I eat so much food cold that should probably be heated up. Cold spaghetti really isn’t all that bad, though.
2. I have so many things going on that I haven’t mentioned on here. Big, scary, awesome things. To give you an idea: you are reading the blog of the owner of not one, but two officially registered and licensed companies. That is terrifying. Exciting, but terrifying. I’m an entrepreneur, people! Or something like that. Life is about to get a lot more busy.
3. Sometimes I wish it was possible for neither team to win a sporting event. This is one of those times. I may have said to a co-worker that I hope the stadium implodes. That is taking it too far, but, yeah…GO BUCKEYES! Big Ten, forever, baby.
4. I don’t believe in a lot of the things I’m learning in my food safety class in culinary school. It breaks my heart to have to select “only purchase food in sealed packaging from a manufacturer” and “do not purchase food from vendors that aren’t pre-approved” as the correct answers to a question about how to protect the food supply. I feel like some of the best food on the planet comes from the small-time farmer and is not pre-packaged. But I guess that’s the difference between a home cook and a restaurant chef who is responsible for the well-being of hundreds of people (which I have no desire to ever be, by the way). Side note: reading about foodborne parasites? Not fun.
5. Like everyone else in the history of ever, I’m totally obsessed with the Hunger Games. I went all fangirly when I first read the books a few years ago, and the movie has reignited my obsession. It also helps that Babyface is equally obsessed. On our way home from our (first) viewing of the movie, he said, “I have a celebrity crush on Jennifer Lawerence.” and I said, “Duh, who doesn’t?” Get in line, buddy.