Happy April, my friends! I hope no one was tricked too badly yesterday. I, for one, am not a fan at all of April Fools’ Day. I find it to be a bit mean-spirited and not so fun. That’s probably because I am way gullible and fall for just about anything. If you were the tricker or the trickee yesterday, I hope you got a good laugh out of it.
Before I jump into my monthly goals for this April, let’s review how I did with March:
- Track food everyday I’m not on vacation. Success! I wouldn’t say I tracked everyday, but I did the vast majority of them. Woohoo!
- Limit discretionary spending to $100. Fail. Not only did we fail at this, but we also went way over our trip budget while on vacation. The next few months there will have to be some belt-tightening to fix this.
- Really, truly go on vacation.Success! I went totally off the grid and had an awesome and relaxing week.
- Keep focus on Complaint Free Lent. Success! CFL is really becoming second-nature. It’s actually harder for me to complain about something now than it is to think positively. I’m amazed at how quickly I was able to recondition my mind.
Things are a little bit crazypants right now, so I want to keep my focus on juggling all the balls in the air, but here are a few other things I’ll focus on this April, too:
Goals for April 2012
- Take my multivitamin everyday. I’ve been reading a lot about vitamins and minerals in my nutrition class, and it’s really making me realize how important it is to fill the nutrient gaps in my diet. I’m especially concerned about my consistently low levels of magnesium (that might be a contributing factor to my frequent headaches). I’ve also been chronically anemic since high school, so supplementing my iron levels is always a good idea.
- Track my food on weekdays. Keep on keepin’ on the tracking train.