confessions…

1. I’m back on the juice.

I’ve been decaf for a few years now (it’s a migraine trigger for me), but now that I’m commuting to work two days a week, and have to leave at 5:30am, I’ve gotten back on the fully-leaded coffee train. I drive in the morning (Babyface drives us home) and driving for over an hour, on deserted country roads before dawn is damn near dangerous without some caffeine. So far, no migraines. And no wrecks. And it’s delicious. Win, win, win.

2. I’m addicted to TV.

We cancelled cable last year and it was a great move for us financially and as far as time-management goes, but when we moved to our new house, we asked my parents to keep their satellite account going for the month of August just so we wouldn’t miss the Olympics. We’d planned to cut them a check for the month and then cancel it immediately after the closing ceremonies. One problem: I’m now totally re-addicted to TV! There are so many fun shows I’ve been missing out on! And so many fun shows coming up in the Fall that I don’t want to miss! Sigh. I need a TV intervention.

3. I’m already excited for Christmas.

Seriously. We’re five months away and I’m already SO excited for the Christmas season! I can’t wait to get a giant-ass tree, run twinkle lights up the bannister and have a big roaring fire on Christmas Eve. I think there is something so magical about the first Christmas in a new house.

4. I’ve cried at least two dozen times already during the Olympics.

Sports do something to me, man. I don’t really cry at romantical movies, but give me a good sports movie and I’ll bawl my eyes out (Rudy! Breaking Away! Hoosiers!). And the Olympics are like one giant, epic sports movie. This weekend, I cried when Andy Murray beat Roger Federer. I don’t follow tennis. Or even really like to watch it. But it was such an amazing moment! Sports are fantastic.

5. I totally missed my blogiversary.

BTHR turned the big oh-two on Friday, and I totally spaced it. Does that make me a terrible blog mom? To make up for it (and to thank all of you guys for sticking with me for the past two years) I’ve got a few fun giveaways in the hopper over the next few weeks. I’m so grateful that you guys come here everyday and challenge and inspire me. Y’alls rock.

Do you have any confessions to make?

I am also already excited for Christmas! So glad to hear it’s not just me. We just moved this summer as well and now that we’re finally getting the place all set up I can’t help looking around and thinking about where I’m going to put my tree and decorations.

ME TOO! Babyface and I have had more than one conversation about where our Christmas tree is going. He’s determined it should go right smack in the middle of our great room. I vote no. 😛

Congrats on your new place!

2. Kim says

Happy 2nd Birthday to Back To Her Roots! Although I feel like I’ve been reading this a lot longer, its usually Back To Her Roots and a cup of Joe Mon-Fri. Now its always followed up with Broken Plow Blog and a 2nd cup of Joe :) I’m usually a little bumbed on the weekends when I have to fish around for something else to read :) Have a great day!

Aww, thanks so much Kim! :) It means so much to me that you’ve stuck around through it all. It does feel longer than 2 years! It’s such a part of my everyday life now, that I can’t believe I lived without a blog!

3. Athena R says

Happy 2nd Blogiversary! I really have enjoyed reading your blog and now blogs. I look forward to what’s to come.

Happy Year 2!!

I’m with you on the Olympics. I’m not even into sports usually, but I have found myself so immersed in so many different sports and stories this year. I totally cried atleast every other day this past week.

It’s so emotional! All these people have worked so hard! Ive never worked that hard for anything, I don’t think.

I can’t WAIT for Christmas! I get so excited about it every year. I even get excited about getting a year older, age is just a number and all that. I love the scents and colors and everything!

Happy birthday to BTHR, too! I can’t believe it’s been around for two years!

Happy 2nd Birthday to your fabulous blog! That’s so exciting. :) I bet you are so very excited to celebrate and decorate for Christmas in your new home, that will be very exciting.

7. Erika says

Happy Blogiversary!

My favorite sports movie of all time is Chariot of Fire. And they’re re-relasing it into the theaters! There will be much sniffling and blowing of noses.