what i ate wednesday: it’s back!

Behold, the return of What I Ate Wednesdays on Back to Her Roots! Woohoo! I know a lot of people really enjoyed this feature, and I’m really happy to bring it back. Honestly, I got a little burned out of doing WIAWs, so I took a break, but after a few weeks, I realized I totally missed sharing my eats. What a weird thing, right? To miss showing people your food? It’s a weird world we live in. But anyway, welcome back WIAW!

1. It’s hard to tell, but under that pile of raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, banana, pomegranate seeds, and clementine slices is a whole bowlful of Cheerios and milk! With coffee (x2).
  2. I roasted some pumpkin seeds (with olive oil, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, sea salt and cayenne pepper) and had a small bowl of those as a snack. Plus a ginger ale. I love ginger ale!
  3. Benefit #93494 of living 1/4 mile from your parents: your Mama brings you hot-out-of-the-oven coffee cake just because. I had a slice (it was stupid good) with another cup of coffee (decaf this time).
  4. We ate an early dinner of leftovers—baked penne with a giant garden salad on the side.
  5. Since I had my coffee cake dessert earlier, I subbed in something a bit less sugary—this Lemon Berry Shandy from Leinenkugel’s, which is absolutely delicious.

What’s the best thing you’ve eaten so far this week?

That coffee cake looks amazing. When I get older that would be so cool to live close to my parents like that. Well, cool most of the time anyways. Haha.

Glad you decided to come back to WIAW. Isn’t it the best?

And I love the wood backdrop for all of your food! Is that a deck?

It is definitely nice to be so close to my parents. And we are both really respectful of each other’s space. If we don’t want to see them, we don’t! And vice versa.

And the backdrop is a picnic table. :)

Yay, love WIAWs!
    The best thing I’ve eaten in the last couple of days is the cake I made on Saturday and have been eating leftovers of ever since. It has no grains or added sugars but is a-may-zing! So good 😀 I’m sad I’m all out of leftovers now :(

3. cathy says

Yay! I love WIAW :) I made Talapia with sauted onions, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes yesterday and it was quite good. :)

Mmmh, that creamy pasta bake gets me and your breakfast looks so colourful and fresh!

One of the best things I’ve eaten this week so far has been a mushroom risotto with balsamic onions. Haven’t had risotto in far too long before.

5. Karen A. says

I really enjoy this feature, thanks for bringing it back! Any chance you could caption each picture? I start out scrolling back and forth from the image to the descriptive text, scrolling back up to the next image then down to the descriptive text…then I just give up. :-(