Behold, the return of What I Ate Wednesdays on Back to Her Roots! Woohoo! I know a lot of people really enjoyed this feature, and I’m really happy to bring it back. Honestly, I got a little burned out of doing WIAWs, so I took a break, but after a few weeks, I realized I totally missed sharing my eats. What a weird thing, right? To miss showing people your food? It’s a weird world we live in. But anyway, welcome back WIAW!
- It’s hard to tell, but under that pile of raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, banana, pomegranate seeds, and clementine slices is a whole bowlful of Cheerios and milk! With coffee (x2).
- I roasted some pumpkin seeds (with olive oil, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, sea salt and cayenne pepper) and had a small bowl of those as a snack. Plus a ginger ale. I love ginger ale!
- Benefit #93494 of living 1/4 mile from your parents: your Mama brings you hot-out-of-the-oven coffee cake just because. I had a slice (it was stupid good) with another cup of coffee (decaf this time).
- We ate an early dinner of leftovers—baked penne with a giant garden salad on the side.
- Since I had my coffee cake dessert earlier, I subbed in something a bit less sugary—this Lemon Berry Shandy from Leinenkugel’s, which is absolutely delicious.