what i ate wednesday: warming up
We’ve officially reached the time of year where I want nothing to do with cold food. Bring on the oatmeal, the soups, and a whole vat or two of coffee.
- I’m in love, I’m in love and I don’t care who knows it! With coffee. So warm. So yummy. So energizing.
- This is what my bowl of oatmeal may have look liked if I remember to take a picture. In reality, my oats had chia seeds, trail mix and Cookie Butter on them. They were delicious.
- Lunch was a big bowl of Trader Joe’s Latin Black Bean Soup plus a taco-y salad thing on the side (made from romaine, tomatoes, refried beans and salsa) and a nice pile of chips. I’m so over salads. Salads are definitely not November food.
- Lunch dessert. The 72 ounce bag of chocolate chips from Costco? Maybe not my best move ever.
- Giant bowl of minestrone plus some garlic bread and a glass of wine. Consumed in front of the most recent Mythbusters episode.
- A few of the 250 mini Canadian chocolate bars that my mother-in-law brought us from North of the border for dessert.