Posts made in November 9th, 2012
–Entries on this contest are now CLOSED. Thanks for participating!–
As we chatted about yesterday, Thanksgiving is coming up at a super rapid clip and boy, do I have a kitchen gadget to give away today that will make your life so much easier! The amazing folks at BigKitchen.com are partnering with BTHR again to give away a few awesome things this holiday season (stay tuned for another cool giveaway from them at the end of November).
To celebrate Thanksgiving, BigKitchen is giving away this super pimped-out, heavy duty, ass-kicking Endurance potato ricer. Never used a potato ricer? Well, it’s the key to pretty much the smoothest, silkiest, easiest mashed potatoes of your life. It’s basically a ginormous garlic press. Stick a cooked potato in, out comes fluffy, smooth mashed potato just asking for some butter, cream and a hefty dose of salt (please don’t undersalt your potatoes).
I used my potato ricer at Canadian Thanksgiving this year and it made super quick work of potatoes for 12 people. What would normally take some serious mashing time was done in a minute or two, and the results were totally lump-free and super smooth.
I’m not a big fan of kitchen unitaskers, and a while a potato ricer is meant to help with spuds, it has a million other uses. Need to squeeze out that frozen spinach? Put it in the potato ricer. Want to make gnocchi? The potato ricer is where it’s at. You can use it to puree almost any soft food (tomatoes, pumpkin, anything!) without any electric power.
If you can’t tell, I’m a big fan of my potato ricer. Ready to win one?
- PRIZE: One Endurance Jumbo Stainless Steel Potato Ricer
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post and tell me what you add to potatoes to make the perfect mashed potatoes.
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 at Noon (12pm) EST
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- ELIGIBLE FOLKS: Sorry, international readers, this one is for U.S. Residents, aged 18 and over only. I try to snag as many international giveaways as a can. Maybe next time!
- WINNER ANNOUNCED: Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 on this here post!
- LEGALESE: To enter you must be 18 or older. Winner will be chosen by random drawing from the pool of comments on this post. To be considered for the prize, you must provide a valid email address. One entry per email address. Once a winner is notified and verified, BigKitchen will be provided with the contact information of the winner and they will be responsible for prize fulfillment. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. To enter, leave a comment on this post. No purchase necessary to win. Entries will close on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at noon (EST). The winner will be contacted by email on or before Wednesday, November 14, 2012. If the winner does not claim the prize within seven days, the original winner forfeits the prize and a second random entry will be chosen from the pool. This contest is sponsored by BigKitchen of Florida and is void where prohibited by law.
- DISCLOSURE: In exchange for this blog post, as well as posting this giveaway, I was compensated with a potato ricer. My review of the product was not biased or influenced in any way by this compensation.
WINNER! We have a winner! The winner is Lisa E. who is makes her mashed potatoes cream cheese and garlic powder. YUM! Congrats, Lisa!
I have confessed before that I’m a thrift-store-loving, naked-face sporting, air-dry-my hair kinda girl. But there is one, way overpriced, never gonna happen fashion accessory that I’ve always dreamed of owning—a classic Burberry cashmere scarf. I’d be horrified if I (or anyone else for that matter) ever spent $395 on a scarf for me. But I still lust over it. I did snag a rip-off plaid Burberry-ish scarf from the Goodwill a few weeks ago for $0.50. It keeps my neck warm. And hey, I saved $394.50! What a steal!
Oh, Schoolhouse Electric, why must you tempt my hipster soul with your trendy, overpriced home goods? I’m obsessed with these pennant pillows. If they had an Indiana one, I might be able to justify the $75 (EACH) price tag. Actually, probably not. That’s stupid expensive.
Sick of pumpkin yet? Well, if so, I think these savory Pumpkin and Feta muffins might help you get back on the pumpkin train. This was one of those recipes that made me immediately start drooling. I will be making these this weekend. So. Much. Yum.
Okay, so linking to my own blog in this section might seem totally narcissistic but I swear it’s not about me. It’s about my amazing, talented husband. If you haven’t checked out what we’re doing with our house over on The Broken Plow, you are seriously missing out on some hilarious, witty and interesting writing by the Babyface (and some amazing photography). He’s awesome. I mean, he posts pictures of baby otters. And writes hilarious recaps of our weekends. And he’s really cute. What’s not to love? And I’m not just saying that ’cause I’m married to him.
This is the archive of all the Geocities pages ever. Raise your hand if you had a Geocities page in middle school! *raises hand* Raise your hand if you had at least a half-dozen! *raises higher* I don’t remember any of my neighborhoods or usernames, so I’m slowly going through each account looking desperately for my volleyball/color guard page and my *NSYNC page. Even if you don’t find your own page, the stuff that’s in there is sheer hilarity. So many animated GIFs. So much Comic Sans. So much fun.