1. I really want goats. And chickens. And bees. I want a whole damn farm.
2. I was doing really well with my All About the Numbers challenge. And then I reviewed our budget and decided I couldn’t justify spending $200 on a reward. And then…motivation gone. Ugh. I haven’t totally imploded with the actual challenge tasks, I’ve just stopped being really vigilant with keeping track of it. I’m disappointed in myself, but I’m trying not to feel guilty about it. After all, the point was to keep healthy (which I am!) not ticking boxes off a chart.
3. I wear makeup so rarely that it actually all lives in a box in the closet. It’s not because I don’t like it (I do!) but because I am (a) painfully lazy and (b) my eyes are allergic to pretty much all makeup ever. The not-seen-in-public-without-40-pounds-of-eyeliner 16-year-old me would be totally horrified. I did put makeup on this weekend for our Christmas card photo and it felt so, so strange.
4. I think I’m turning way crunchy granola. Or at least, way crazy country. And I think I’m okay with it. Books in my library queue supporting this observation: Backyard Sugarin’, Back to basics : how to learn and enjoy traditional American skills, The encyclopedia of country living : an old fashioned recipe book, The Mushroom Cultivator: A Practical Guide to Growing Mushrooms at Home, The Solar Food Dryer: How to Make and Use Your Own Low-Cost, High Performance, Sun-Powered Food Dehydrator.
5. I procrastinate every, single weekend. On Thursday nights, I make to do lists for Friday, Saturday and Sunday thinking how this weekend is going to be different and I’m going to do a little bit on each day. Then, every weekend, by the time Sunday comes around, I’ve barely even touched my lists from Friday and Saturday. Which makes Sunday super crazy. It’s not very efficient. I call dibs on the first human trial for a drug that eliminates procrastination, k?