Sometimes rainy days can be so swell. Like when they happen to coincide with an empty to do list, a stack of good books and a hot beverage. But other times, when your to-do list is the length of your arm and you have to just power through, rainy days really suck. Really suck. Why is it so hard to get motivated when it’s all gray and damp?
I tried to brighten up my rainy day with some colorful, healthy food (and a roaring fire in the fireplace). Here’s my eats:
- Coffee x 3. I know, I know. I really need to back that train up and take down the coffee consumption. It seems like every week I’m adding more and more coffee to my daily eats. One (or two) cups is fine. But three is getting a little obnoxious. It’s not even that I’m craving the caffeine, I just really like the taste and warmth of coffee. Must buy more decaf. Or tea! Tea is good.
- Breakfast: yogurt bowl with Chobani 2% plain, strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate seeds and pumpkin seed granola.
- Morning snack: orange, dates, Babybel, cashews and a side of banana.
- Lunch: roasted red pepper and tomato soup (from TJs) and a grilled cheese.
- Lunch Dessert: a hunk of the best dark chocolate ever in the history of ever.
- Dinner: Some kettlecooked chips (yum!) and two chili dogs. And I didn’t have to make it! Woohoo! My parents came over to watch basketball and came bearing dinner and beer and cookies. The benefits to living 1/4 mile from your parents? Too numerous to count.
- Dinner Dessert: Copious cookies! Mama’s chocolate chip. I probably had four? Or five? OR THIS WHOLE PLATE? No, not the whole plate. But I did have a few sips of beer to wash them down, too.