Now that I’m not in the office as much (only two days a week) I’ve noticed my mealtime routine has been steadily shifting from a solid three-meals-a-day plan to more of a two-meals-a-day thing with some snacks thrown in. I’ve tried to fight it for months now because you always hear “three balanced meals a day!”, but I’m sick of fighting my natural rhythm. If I had my druthers, everyday would start with water and coffee. And then around 10am I’d eat a nice, big brunch. Then have a snack around noon, a hefty dinner between 3-4pm and another snack around 7pm. Any nutritionists out there want to chime in if that’s a bad thing?
Onto the eats!
- Started off with coffee. Which I almost always take with half and half and a little touch of honey or maple syrup. Santa mug, for the win.
- Brunch was two poached eggs on toast plus a giant yogurt bowl (plain Greek yogurt, pumpkin, banana, pomegranate, strawberries, almonds, granola, chia seeds and a drizzle of honey).
- Afternoon snack #1 was a yogurt, cheese and a LaraBar.
- Afternoon snack #2 was handful after handful of this airpopped popcorn. I popped it to string garland (which I did) but I couldn’t keep my hand out of the deliciousness.
- Dinner was leftovers! A big slice of leftover Mexican Lasagna topped with Greek yogurt, plus a big side salad.
- More leftovers! Leftover chocolate chip cookies from Canadian Thanksgiving that I rescued from the deep freezer.