bthr book club: december book announcement

Alright, we have a winner for our inaugural BTHR book club selection. After a few weeks of voting, you guys picked The Book Thief by Markus Zusak!

You can buy the book through Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Also, make sure to check out your local library! That’s where I’m getting mine from. It’s a quite popular book, so many libraries will have multiple copies (mine has 12!).

Now go secure your copy and get to reading! On December 27th, feel free to post your own review of the book to your blog, and then come back here and we’ll all get together for a discussion and link up party. I’ll bring the virtual wine.

Happy reading!

P.S. I did hear that some folks had issue with the polling plugin, so I’ll definitely make sure to work on that for next month’s poll. I’m also working on a new robust comments plug-in that will give you guys more options when it comes to subscribing to follow-up comments. Which will hopefully make our upcoming book discussion more user-friendly. To come!

I just looked, and my library (within walking distance from my new place!! Yay!!) has a few copies of the book available! I’ll be picking mine up within the next few days :)

So excited to do this as I love to read ALMOST more than I love to cook…
    Super bummer though. I already read it! *sigh* So December will be a ‘Book Club Refresher’ read…:)
    What book was #2?

• Amanda Elliott says

I read The Book Thief a few years ago, so this will be my second time too. I NEVER read books twice, but this one I really loved so I’m happy to give it another read and I own it already too.

I just started reading Gone Girl last night so hopefully next month will be a book I haven’t read yet!

My memory isn’t that great, so I love to read books over and over :) That’s why I usually end up buying the ones that I like 😀 I usually forget the important bits so reading it again is like reading it for the first time – except having had a preview.

• Amanda Elliott says

My memory isn’t very good either, so I think I’d enjoy rereading books. I just never do because I always have such a huge pile of books I haven’t read yet. So many books, so little time.

3. Dani says

Such an incredible book! The writing is superb, though it’s definitely an emotional journey. I can’t wait to read your thoughts on it.

Excellent choice! My Mom & Daughters book club read this one a few years back and we were all so moved by it.

Chicago also picked this one as the One City, One Book selection this year and had a lot of activities surrounding it (author talks, music concerts, etc.) I saw the play at the Steppenwolf and it was fantastic.

Also, if you’re really into it, GoodReads has some videos and quizzes for this book too.