Posts made in December 11th, 2012
My friend Samantha put up her Christmas wish list on her blog yesterday, and I thought it was so much fun! I absolutely love peeking at what people want for Christmas—so I thought I’d do it, too! Now, my list is pretty moot for a number of reasons (we don’t exchange gifts in my family and Craig and I have already decided to do a handmade only Christmas) but it’s still fun to think about what things you want Santa to leave under the tree. Oh, to have unlimited spending money. Onto the list…
- Super Natural Cooking & Super Natural Every Day. I’m hesitant to admit I don’t read a lot of the “big” food blogs (for various reasons), so I honestly had no idea who Heidi Swanson was until my sister-in-law handed me these cookbooks to browse through. I want to make every single recipe.
- New coffee mug. Just on Sunday my curvetastic hips bumped into a side table and sent my favorite mug off the edge to it’s doom. I’m sad. And need to find a new mug that fills my requirements: large, big handle, cute. I really like this purple one from Uncommon Goods, but I’m not about to spent $22 on one, single mug. No-sir-ee.
- Indiana necklace. I’ve coveted this Indiana state necklace for years. Years, I say! If I got it, I’d want it on a nice long chain. I <3 long necklaces.
- Candy-stripe pants. Speaking of Indiana, please someone get this girl a pair of candy-stripe pants, already! For the longest time, these suckers weren’t sold to the public (well, adult-sizes at least), but just recently they started selling them and I WANT.
- Tart pan. I have no real need for a tart pan, but gosh, they are so fun. And I’d come up with uses! I want them in all different sizes. The tiny ones are particularly adorable.
- Good yoga mat. My current yoga mat is (a) a $5 one from a hardware store and (b) living in the barn. I’d love a nice cushy, non-slip beautiful mat. And a towel to go with it wouldn’t suck either.
- SmartWool knee-high socks. I’m currently deep in the midst of a hate-hate relationship with my sock drawer. Most of my socks are cheap things from discount stores. I want adult socks! That are warm! And cozy! And expensive.
- Pink work gloves. I’d really like a pair of obnoxiously bright pink work gloves for working around the property. Random, right?
- Red stripe short overalls. I think my transformation to a country girl will be complete the second I own these.
What’s on your wish list this year?
1. I can’t make single smoothies. I’m historically bad at spatial reasoning and whenever I go to make a single smoothie just for me it always ends up being enough to serve a small army.
2. I love ABC Family movies. Especially Christmas ones. They are awesome. My DVR? Full of ‘em.
3. I dyed my hair back all one color this past weekend. And it’s bittersweet. On one hand, I flippin’ loved having crazy-colored hair. It’s like the end of a very colorful era. But, on the other hand, natural hair color is much more appropriate for my I-now-live-in-the-middle-of-nowhere lifestyle. I didn’t see myself making the 30-45 minute commute to a salon every six weeks to get my streaks redone. Rest in peace, red/blue/purple/pink/blonde streaks.
4. We bought an obnoxious amount of alcohol this weekend. I could give the excuse that we’re stocking up for a holiday party, but we aren’t. We just really like delicious booze.
5. I haven’t done a real workout in about two weeks. I’m definitely stuck deep in the no-motivation snowball. I should feel guilty about it, but sometimes I think we all need a break. Someday I’ll step foot in a gym again, today is just not that day.