what i ate wednesday: christmas eve
I hope you all just had the most wonderful Christmas day yesterday! Our day was super relaxed and cozy and amazing. And now! We’re waking up to snow! It came a day late, but we’re under a blizzard warning today and we’re supposed to get up to 10 inches. Can you tell I’m crazy excited? We’ve got plenty of food and firewood, plus we’ve got no place to go. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Anyway, my WIAW pics for this week just happened to be from Christmas Eve (I usually do my WIAW pics on the Monday before). So enjoy in my revelry from a few days ago. Warning: there is lots of booze.
- Coffee (x3). I finally found a new mug to replace my favorite (may she rest in peace). This big guy is a Christmas mug from Meijer, but I love it so much I think it’ll probably stay out all year long. It holds two cups of coffee! Win!
- Breakfast was two poached eggs on toast plus a side of yogurt with some berries, honey and peanuts.
- Somewhere around late morning, Babyface informed me it was time to start drinking by delivering this eggnog cocktail. I have no idea what was in it (other than eggnog) but it was, uh, strong. And delicious!
- While drinking, we snacked on some Nuts & Bolts sent in a care package from Canadian Mommy.
- I switched over to cranberry-infused vodka mixed with Sprite. I had more than one of these. They were delicious.
- Heated up some leftover seafood fettucine for lunch.
- Our Christmas Eve tradition is always fondue! We did a cheese, oil and chocolate fondue this year. We had a crazy selection of dippers. Steak, sausage, scallops, lobster tail, shrimp, bread, broccoli, pound cake, bananas, strawberries, marshmallows, oh my!
- We set everything up by the fire and the Christmas tree—and plugged in a laptop with A Christmas Story.
- And drank wine, of course.
- The chocolate dipped strawberries were my favorite. Although the oil-fried bread cubes followed by a quick dip in the cheese fondue was a close second.