what i ate wednesday: new year’s eve
You guys are probably getting pretty sick of seeing my WIAW’s full of holiday eats, aren’t you? Well, this is the last one for a while, I promise. Next week we’ll get back to regular ole boring healthiness. But this week, we have to get through my eats from New Year’s Eve. We never, ever do anything on NYE. It’s just…not…our thing. So we spent a relaxing evening watching Anderson Cooper giggle and sipping champagne in our jammies. Perfection.
- Coffee x2. We’re out of half and half, so I subbed in the last of the soy milk egg nog we have. Delicious, but it covers up the taste of the coffee, which makes me sad.
- I whipped up a frittata for breakfast. Inside was onion, red pepper, and herbed goat cheese. On the side I had a clementine and some grapes. Plus a small pour of milk.
- I heated up some leftover baked beans for lunch, plus a side of a really incredible Bok Choy and Apple slaw that is coming your way this afternoon. It’s insanely good.
- We went out and did some sledding (best exercise ever) and when we came back in, I decided to make a little snow ice cream. Complete with sprinkles.
- We had a (stressful) basketball game to watch, so drinking ensued. Babyface first mixed me up some coffee (decaf this time) with Kahlua.
- Then, for the second half, I had a small pour of Heineken from the mini-keg in our basement fridge.
- For dinner, we made flatbread pizzas. (1) Caramelized onions, bacon and goat cheese. (2) Veggie. (3) Barbecue chicken. (4) Four cheese. They were delicious.
- We finished out the night with a couple of glasses of champagne. Happy New Year!