Do you ever look back at your day of eats and think, “Wow, that was a good one!”? That’s what I did with this week’s WIAW food. It was also super delicious, super healthy and just generally a really good collection of food. Sometimes things don’t “click” when it comes to food, but this day was a good one!
- Started off the morning with two mugs of green tea + some raw honey.
- Breakfast was the return of the yogurt bowl! It’s been a while. The base was homemade whole milk yogurt (sweetened with honey and flavored with vanilla) and topped with granola, a clementine, some pomegranate and chia seeds.
- Morning snack #1 was a homemade granola bar (based off of this recipe).
- Morning snack #2 was a handful of these not-quite-baby-but-not-quite-big carrots from our CSA. Winter carrots are so sweet and delicious thanks to the cold temps bringing out the natural sugars. Yum!
- Linner (we ate around 4pm) was
red beansblack beans and rice with some chorizo from our CSA this week. So yummy! I’m thinking of posting my recipe soon, just as long as I can manage to get some good photos before all the leftovers are gone.
- And you can’t have
red beansblack beans and rice without cornbread. I made my go-to cornbread recipe from Emily at Daily Garnish. I managed to limit myself to two pieces—one with a swipe of butter from local dairy farm that is out-of-this-world delicious and one with some honey. Honey + cornbread = amazing.
- After we’d cleaned the kitchen and packed our lunches for the next day, I sat down with a mug of chamomile, a hunk of dark chocolate (not the whole bar) and Split by Swati Avasthi. Such a great book! I’m loving it.