what i ate wednesday: uninterested
Somedays, I go all out and bake hamburger buns from scratch and make my own yogurt and just go generally insane in the kitchen. Other days, I am so uninterested in cooking that it almost hurts to pick up a spatula. Yesterday? Yesterday was the later. I wanted absolutely nothing to do with the kitchen. I slept really poorly the night before, and all I wanted to do was curl up in a big sleep puddle on the couch and not budge. But, you have to eat, dontcha? So I did. Here are my totally, completely, uninterested (and uninteresting) eats from yesterday.
- I finally forced myself out of bed and found out that Babyface had made some decaf coffee while I was sleeping in. I had a small mug with a little bit of cream.
- For breakfast, I had a bowl of Grape Nuts and milk. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a breakfast cereal without sugar in it? I spent a good 15 minutes flipping over all the boxes in the cereal aisle one day. Grape Nuts, for the win! I’ve actually always loved Grape Nuts, so it works. Although, I have no idea why it’s called Grape Nuts. No grapes. No nuts. Alongside, I had a clementine.
- Lunch was the product of last week’s food prep. Thankfully I had all these cut up veggies on hand, which made a great side to go along with the veggie burger I pulled out of the freezer. I also threw a hard-boiled egg and a date on the plate. And to drink, a lemon La Croix.
- After an epic couch nap, I woke up to Babyface prepping dinner. Woohoo! We get these awesome packages of fresh local pasta in our CSA each week, and they are perfect for lazy nights. Tonight, Babyface picked out this black bean ravioli from our pasta stash. And he fancied it up by sauteing some garlic, sweet peppers, sweet potatoes and beef to go on top. With a little drizzle of olive oil and some goat cheese, dinner is done. Yum! I also had a clementine for “dessert”. Although what I really wanted is a big, gooey, yummy brownie.
- Last night was a sporty night, we had basketball and hockey to watch, so I snacked on some air-popped, plain popcorn during the games.