1. We built a new three-bin compost system this weekend, and I’m obscenely excited about it. Which is weird. Who gets excited about compost? Craig looked at me at one point while we were building it and said, “I wonder what 14-year-old me would say if I told him he’d be crazy excited about a compost bin at my age.”
2. I really want one of the BodyMedia/FitBit/Nike Fuel Band thingies just to try for a day or two. I swear I’m burning a zillion calories a day and taking just as many steps while cleaning, cooking, hauling sap and, you know, shoveling compost. I’d love to know what it actually boils down to. Although, I guess I could just wear my heart rate monitor for a full day and see what it reads.
3. I cannot keep track of the days of the week anymore for anything. It doesn’t help that Craig’s work schedule changes every week (and his days off are different each week). I pretty much have no idea what day of the week it is at any given time. All day Saturday, I could have sworn it was Thursday. Nope. Definitely Saturday.
4. I am so excited that the time changes is weekend! I love, love, love Daylight Saving Time! It kinda sucks in the morning for a few weeks, but having that extra hour of light in the evening is so amazing.
5. I haven’t painted my nails in at least six weeks. And when I did paint them the last time, they lasted all of four hours before some chore around the place ruined them. The days of glittery, pretty manicures are pretty much over for me. I guess that was a whole other life. Womp. Womp.
Do you have anything to confess?