Ready for a piping hot dish of rules and responsibilities? Me neither. But it’s important to me that BTHR is transparent and you guys have an understanding of what you’re getting into when reading my blog.
- First time commenters are moderated. If it’s your first time chiming in (welcome!) then your comment will be held in moderation until I release it to the world. It’s not that I don’t trust you, I just want to make sure I get a chance to virtually “meet” everyone who shows up. So make sure to share your blog URL when you comment—I’m looking! Sometimes the spam filter will eat a comment and I have to go and dig it out a few days later. Sorry’ bout that.
- Save the drama for your Mama. I want BTHR to be a positive and upbeat place. Disagree all you want, but I trust you’ll do so in a civil and mature manner. Anytime folks get together in a place on the internet things can get a little bit sticky. I love that all of you guys are diverse and have differing opinions and I hope you’ll speak those for all to see! That being said, any comments that are spammy, snarky or full of personal attacks will be deleted without warning. I have no room in my full belly for Haterade.
- I will never edit your comments. But I do reserve the right to not post them. Comments either go up or don’t, I won’t ever change your words unless your directly ask me to. I usually agree that censoring is for the birds, but this blog is my space and I choose to keep it positive. So, sorry, Charlie, if you decide to be a jerk, your comments are going into the compost bin. That being said, I have a pretty wide range of the kind of comments I consider acceptable to publish, so chances are, you’ll never find yourself blacklisted. If you have a big, sticky issue with something I wrote, I recommend shooting me an email instead of getting into a squabble with folks in the comments section.
- All photos, content and recipes are protected. Pretty please don’t steal my content. Reposting of my photos or content without my written permission is a direct copyright violation and is no bueno. If you’d like to repost one of my recipes, please refrain from copying and pasting the content directly and instead link back to my blog. Duplicate content hurts the Google rankings for both of us. If you change my recipes, feel free to post them but a link back would be much appreciated.
- I don’t sell or give away your personal information to anyone. The only time this policy changes is for delivery addresses for giveaway winners and only with your written permission by e-mail. Otherwise, your data is your data.
- Product reviews are my own deal. If I received a product for free from a company or was compensated in any way for including their product on my blog, I will disclose that the first time I use the product on the blog. If I get sponsored to attend an event for free or at a reduced price, I will mention the sponsor in accordance with the sponsorship agreement. Many, many of the product reviews you see on BTHR are completely uncompensated and the product has been purchased with my hard-earned money. And when they aren’t, they are clearly marked at the beginning of the post (and noted as such in any social media posts regarding the review).
- Giveaways are sponsored and executed by the companies I partner with. I receive no compensation (other than a free sample in some cases) for hosting a giveaway and only giveaway products I’ve used and believe in. I’m the middle man in the giveaway scenario and do not ship or fulfil the prize. Therefore, I can’t be held liable for a missing prize (which is a total bummer). I will help you all I can, but the best course of action would be to talk directly with the giveaway sponsor.
- Many of the product links you see on the blog are affiliate links. Which means if you purchase the product after clicking through on my link, I get a small percentage of the sale with no charge to you. I get that you might not want to be part of that business, so if you prefer not to purchase through my referral links, you can use this plugin in Firefox to block my (and other people’s) affiliate links.
- Sponsored content will always be marked as so. I never accept payment to biased content, and only try to include sponsored content that organically fits in with the brand of my blog, and is from companies I believe in and use myself. If you feel like a sponsored post is off-point, please shoot me an email, I’d love you feedback.
Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.